CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Au Pair-ism

I was talking to my dad about how I love kids and how it would be soooo cool to be a nanny or something like that. He told me that there are these people called au pairs, and how I would probably like it. So you might already know about what they are, but I hadn't so whatever.

I love traveling, but I haven't been able to do a lot of it because it's so expensive! I'm also fascinated by how people from other cultures are so different. I also love kids.

So an au pair goes to a families' house, usually in another country. Then you stay for a short or long time. They pay you and give you food/housing. It sounds like a great gig, because you can see how ACTUAL life is instead of just hitting up the museums and other landmarks.

For the family, it's cool because instead of paying for some regular nanny, you get a foreign person, who can "culture" their children. A lot of people from non-english-speaking places want english-speaking nannies to speak english to their kids. Just imagine: the fact that you can read this blog can make you lotsa money and room and board.

So I'll definitely do that sometime.

0 comments: