CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm a marked woman...

Today I visited my grandma. She's in hospice, so she knows that she supposed to die soon. It's pretty hard for all of us.


We walked in and seriously, the nursing home smelled trife. It smelled like a mixture of drugs and vinegar. I had to breathe through my mouth because it smelled so foul. You could pretty much taste it. 

We found her room, and when we first walked in I seriously thought she was dead. She was super thin and was asleep. Her eyelids were almost see through. Yikes. 

After listening to her complain about the riot/strike thing that happened with her nursing home, she randomly fell asleep. Once again I thought she had died. Since she is super drugged up right now, she thought she was dead too. 

I don't know how I will react when she dies, since that result is eventually going to happen. When my uncle died I was very quiet but I didn't cry much. This is pretty weird for me to talk about.

2 comments:

John said...

Damn, that's tough. Knowing people are going to die sucks. I hope you write more when you get back.

_-*Kristen*-_ said...

i dont think i could deal with the thought of my grandmother dying. shes pretty close to all of the family. (we all live on the same street, my grandparents are my neighbours) i'm suprised at your stregenth. if i knew that my grandmother was dying, i would break down.