CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Shop Goodwill!

So like most people in the world, I want to save money. But for fashion and other things, I still want to look good. I know it might catch you off guard, but people with great fashion sense usually shop at goodwill.


So Goodwill gets criticized a lot by my friends. That is, until I drag them with me. The possibilities are endless! I mean, you can find the most awesomely tacky prom dress or a perfect halloween costume.

For actual clothes, I think its pretty hard to find pants that actually fit. You can find a lot of brand names, but a lot of them will be old, and sometimes unflattering. My friend found a pair of diesel jeans in just her size, but when she tried them on she realized they were from the 80s and the waist was around her bellybutton. 

Things that are awesome to buy at goodwill:
  • Sunglasses- Yeah! Especially because you don't have to worry about having them fit, because most sunglasses fit everyone. They are really cheap and a great place to pick up huge dramatic sunglasses for spring break.
  • Bags- Bags are pretty hit or miss. I found a really nice coach purse with a tiny little hole in it. I just patched it because the hole was in the bottom. So instead of paying 175 for the purse, I only paid 3.99. Tight!
  • Swim suits- OK, I know what your thinking-gross. But most stores like target donate their unsold items. Bikini tops don't matter, but I wouldn't try on the bottoms unless it had the sterile strip there still.
  • Halloween costumes- It's coming up and its a great place to pick up some scrubs or business suits.
  • Shoes- If they fit, thats great! Just make sure they aren't super worn out. Goodwill is a great place to pick up formal shoes because they aren't used a lot.
  • Sweatshirts- Just find a really big comfy one and you'll have something to wear on Mondays.
Things that aren't great to buy
  • Jeans
  • Fitted shirts
  • Electronics- They are usually broken or messed up.

0 comments: